Monday, November 3, 2008

Dressing Up

A younger version of myself believed that sewing Halloween costumes for my children would validate me as a "good mother". I was fairly successful with a set of crayon costumes and one clown ensemble. Then Kiersta wanted to be a medieval princess...after dropping $80 (yes, that was *eighty* dollars) at the fabric store and spending two days hunched over a sewing machine, the perfect princess was clothed! Then I found an (almost) identical dress online for $25. I've never sewn a costume since.

This year we found costumes at a big box store at 60% off the week before the holiday and while standing in the checkout line, a sweet stranger handed me a "Friend & Family" coupon for an additional 20% off! SCORE!

Above: "Mother Nature" and the cutest little witch in our house.

6 comments:

Megal said...

Kiersta and Kamryn look so great! Is Kiersta's hair now pink?!? I can't keep up with all of the color changes! I hope you had a great Halloween.

tammy said...

Big score for you! I love a deal.

LacyAsher#1 said...

I commend you for even trying to make costumes. I have no creative jeans in that area. They look way cute.

Mindi said...

hey! 3 comments! you are gonna rule the school pretty soon.

love the pinkis/magenta/fuschia hair. and i remember that costume well. and want to borrow it for next year.

i luv those little girlies.

Kara P said...

YAY!! You have a blog!!! Whoo-Hoo!!
Your girls look FAB! I'm bookmarking this blog RIGHT NOW!

ChelleStamps said...

Cute girls--you have your hands full. My mom was the biggest person on making costumes and did a fabulous job. Wish I had inherited that gene lol. But, as you said, fabric is outrageous. You can buy them so much cheaper now.
Love the pic.
Shelly