Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rhaphsody in Blue

You can never go wrong with a monochromatic color palette :) and while this one was created with a now retired color (Ballet Blue), I've made this card in MANY colors recently and they were all equally as beautiful!

Have you tried the Embossing Resist technique? It's very simple: emboss an image using the Versamark ink pad and clear embossing powder on white card stock (I used the swirl from the Elements of Style stamp set...my FAVORITE set from the Summer Mini Catalog!). Let it cool for a few seconds, then sponge a classic ink color over the top and wipe off any extra ink with a tissue. The embossed image "resists" the ink.

I used the Finial Press embossing folder with the Big Shot for the background texture, and the Top Note die for the white background shape. And who could resist that hummingbird (from the same stamp set)?

Try this technique and share it with me by posting a link in the comments to your card!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Truly beautiful card.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous... TFS. I found you, by checking the stats on my blog. Your blog is the top referrer to my site.. your name is familiar, but I have never met you. Love your cards... Thanks for referring me somehow!! Email me..