Friday, March 11, 2011

Lucky You

“I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, 
the more I have of it.” ~Thomas Jefferson


One of my favorite quotes from my sister (almost as profound as the honorable Mr. Jefferson) is, "I don't speak Whine-ese!" Of course, she was addressing her young daughter, but I think it would be an appropriate response for the current fad of "entitlement mentality" across the nation. And that's my soapbox for today, followed by a wee bit of creative luck (based on the Clean & Simple sketch 131):
My model today is Bernadette, the Stampin' Up! bear that I got at convention two years ago, and in case you can't read the small print on the tag, it says, "LUCKY YOU...and lucky me for knowing you." It's from the Afterthoughts stamp set (one you can choose free if you host a qualifying workshop!) and the shamrocks are from the Got Treats stamp set. The colors are Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery, in fashion this week as we are about to celebrate St. Patty's Day!

I'm off to cut more card stock for my Stamp-a-Stack class tomorrow...may you make time to be creative over the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you fixed your link i couldn't get to you to comment yeterday!

Great card, looks fab

Ali x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the green. As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.