Monday, August 30, 2010

Give a HOOT!

I've been seeing owls everywhere lately: On jewelry, lunchboxes, t-shirts, grocery totes and even shoes! So it was a delightful surprise to see a new punch from Stampin' Up! in the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog that follows this trendy guy:
Give a HOOT!
As you can see, this amazing tool creates more than owls...if you click on any picture (above) you can go to my SU! website, then click on "SHOP NOW" to order your own Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch! One thing I love about it is how well it uses up all my scraps of card stock :)

Here are a few tips to remember when you are using this punch:
  • Hold your punch upside down while using it to ensure that you punch where you want to on your card stock
  • Keep your garbage nearby to sweep all the scraps into, but DON'T punch over your garbage or the little pieces are a bother to pick out!
  • Use your Paper Snips (catalog pg. 199) to pick up the teensy-tiny pieces with and build your owl: Just open the sharp tips a bit, slide them under the piece and close the tips to pick it up and place it where you want it.
  • The Multipurpose Liquid Glue (pg. 197) has a fine point that works best for owl-production :) I put the glue on my owl base and then lay the pieces on top of the glue with the paper snips!
Just to show you how well this punch "dresses up", I created this card with the Owl and Pinking Hearts Border punches, the Elegant Bouquet Big Shot Embossing Folder and the new Word Play stamp set:

1 comment:

jamieb said...

Those owls are so cute! I love the wedding card!