Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Watercolor Trio and Sweet Lenas

You know how you get excited for Spring to come around the beginning of April when the first sunny day gets above 50 degrees, so you pack up all your winter clothes and cheerfully pull out your short-sleeves and flip-flops? Then there comes a few days when you have to layer some of those clothes because Mother Nature pulls a trick on you and the temperature plummets below 30 again. Well, here in Utah, that tricky lady had a great chuckle yesterday when she set a record for the latest snowfall on record since 1979 (which, btw, was May 17 of that year).

So, needless to say...I am READY TO WELCOME SPRING!!! So to entice Mother Nature to send a little more sunshine, here are a few lovely spring card samples using the Watercolor Trio stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog and created by some talented demonstrators for the Summer Mini Swap I recently hosted. First, from Kim Innis, a rejuvenating orange beauty:
Next is a card using the Scallop Circle die (for the Big Shot) as a creative accent by Dawn Hill, one of my SU! "Grand-daughters"
One more thing I would like to share with you today, another sign of spring: My Sweet Lena Iris!  I *wish* you could smell these flowers...they have such a sweet fragrance, you would believe they would be as sweet as sugar to the taste!

My husband picked up one of these plants as a gift for me when we lived in the Seattle area about 12 years ago. We have planted them and divided them among friends and neighbors in each place we have lived since then and they grow without much effort on my part (thank heavens). If you come by my house in the next few weeks, stop and smell the Iris!

No comments: