Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Now Serving Leftovers: Card Candy!

Why is it that the word "leftovers" has a negative connotation? This is a thought I'm pondering this morning because I am believe that so many things are BETTER the second time. Seriously: Spaghetti is soooo much tastier when left overnight (or two) and the flavors meld together! Even though the number of people in my household is dwindling as the kids grow up and move out, I continue to cook for an army JUST SO I can "cook once, eat twice". At this moment, there is leftover chicken & rice in the fridge for dinner tonight and a sausage/vegetable skillet ready to reheat for tomorrow's supper! It makes me happy knowing I just have to push the button on the microwave and have a meal ready to serve :)

So when I had "leftover" 2" squares from the Sampler Swap, I thought about the term "Card Candy" instead of leftovers: Many stampers create Card Candy as little focal points that can be created ahead of time and stuck on a card whenever they are needed. And what a fitting term, as they create SWEET little morsels:




They were super easy and quick to put together with a little card stock and DSP (Designer Series Paper). Looking at them now, I doubt you would think of them poorly as "leftovers", huh?

So maybe we need to coin a new term for food: I'm thinking "Supper Starters", "Meal Marzipan" or "Sweet Seconds". What do you think?
post signature

2 comments:

jenn said...

Love these ideas. Thanks for sharing them. The squares are too cute not to use.

Ann said...

I love your scrap ideas. You always make beautiful projects!