Saturday, November 8, 2008

Make It Fit Scrapbooking & Halloween, revisited

The adage "Better late than never" is misleading. If you are late for a wedding, you miss it. Get to the airport late and you'll be looking for another flight. Or too late to file taxes. In my case, I have great intentions of being on time, but it's not a strong suit for me. 9 a.m. church is REALLY hard for me (looking forward to the new year!). Currently I'm approximately 5 years behind in my scrapbooking and I'm finding that my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. If you are one of those people just getting started on preserving your memories, I'd suggest starting with the most current pictures and working backwards. You'll remember what happened most recently, and maybe as you go back into your history, something will click as you are staring at your 5th grade class picture.


So I'm trying to catch up on my family scrapbooks and thought I'd share this tip for people who may not have a lot of pictures to scrapbook: Use a 6"x6" album! You only need ONE picture per page so you don't have to come up with filler for the rest of the page.



A 6x6 page is also a terrific anchor or focal point on a larger page (in this case, 8 1/2 x 11). Whatever the size, you can make it fit!

2 comments:

Megal said...

look how young Braden is there! I can't believe how little he looks. Cute shower costume.

Mindi said...

that's funny. 9 am church is EASY for me. odd.........

is that a muscle t that brades is sporting? me likey!