Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Punchy: Scallop Edge and Border Punches

I am so grateful to Gretchen Barron for making the new Scallop Trim Border and Scallop Trim Corner punches so easy to use with her tutorial

For this card, I started with a 2 7/8" x 4 1/4" piece of Mellow Moss card stock. You can combine any of the measurements she gives for her squares to create rectangles, as shown. I can say that to get this perfect, you really need to cut your paper to the exact measurements and punch upside down (looking through the bottom of the punch to line up your paper). If you are in the 40+ age bracket, you may need to use your reading glasses to get it lined up :) I also used the watercolor technique: Color your stamps with Stampin' Write markers, spritz inked stamp with water and stamp directly onto watercolor paper. It's a lovely, soft look, don't you think?

The Scallop Trim Border punch is something you can earn FREE during Sale-a-Bration (through March 31) with a $50 purchase...click on the link to the right to see the brochure, then visit my website to order! The corner punch is in the Occasions Mini catalog, FYI

 Gretchen also has a tutorial for the Pinking Hearts Border and Corner punches (also available in the Occasions Mini Catalog). Gretchen is a prolific and wonderful creator! My job is to share all the great ideas with you...even if I didn't come up with it myself ;)

Ready for more instruction on the Border and Corner punches? Here's a video from Stampin' Up!'s YouTube Channel :

No comments: