Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome, Christmas!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and despite my best intentions to take a lot of pictures to share...I didn't. Instead I cooked turkey for my family at home, took a nap and went to a movie! It's a family tradition to see a movie on Thanksgiving Day, so we went to see Disney's Tangled. This is one movie you need to see, people~ it was darling and delightful, and I may have even shed a few tears. But if you know me, that's no surprise as I cry at Campbell's Soup commercials...

The day after turkey day found me alone at my house for a few hours (a mother's fantasy!!) so I took down my fall decor and started on the Christmas trimmings! What was usually a stressful event (with the whole family) was actually a peaceful and enjoyable evening spent with the music cranked up unwrapping each treasured ornament. I didn't actually put up the tree (that's the hubby's job), but the "seasonals" are out and I am actually looking forward to the holidays! Maybe that's because I slowed down long enough to "Welcome Christmas into my heart".
This sweet card is one we made at the Christmas Stamp-a-Stack a few weeks ago. This could be one of my new favorite color combinations: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Real Read and Marina Mist. And guess what? The stamp set used is Northern Hearts, a hostess level 1 set that you could choose free with a $150 order...and don't forget that shipping is FREE for two more days on a $150+ order during the Online Spectacular, where you can save up to 50% on some of our most popular items!

So if you are "Cyber Monday" shopping, be sure to check out some of the great gifts you can buy in your jammies at the computer! Here's a list of Stampin' Up! gift ideas for everyone on your list:
  • For the Quilter/Fabric Crafter: Designer Fabric Bundles (Half Price today!) Check out my apron made with the Candy Cane Christmas Fabic here
  • For the Scrapper: A Simply Scrappin' Kit or My Digital Studio (50% off during the Online Spectacular...unbelievable!) makes a gift they will appreciate! See some of my digital pages here
  • For the Decorator: Get a bundle of our luscious 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon for 40% off through November 30 or a piece of our vinyl Decor Elements to change the look of any room!
  • For your Best Friend (or Wife): A Simply Adorned charm with a personalized set of inserts (or pictures of their children!) says "I cared enough to stamp the very best!"
  • For the beginning crafter: A Simply Sent Card Kit, stamp set and ink pad makes paper crafting so easy, a caveman could do it! (and for less than 30 bucks!)
  • For Grandma/Grandpa: A personalized calendar or Birthday Calendar will bring a smile to their face all year long! Make one from scratch starting at $7.95 or make one with My Digital Studio that you bought for yourself :)
  • For your Husband: The Decor Accents Date Keeper helps keep track of the days, weeks or months until a special event (a vacation? your anniversary?) and can be personalized with stamps or photos!
  • For the kids: I don't know of a child who doesn't love to get creative with stamps and ink...and a few of our most popular sets for kids and teenagers are 30% through November 30th.

No comments: