Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pulled the Plug

Between computer, television and gaming systems, we felt that we were spending too much time in front of a screen at our house this summer, so we pulled the plug.

That's right, you heard me...pulled. the. plug.

It's only been about a week and it has been a blessing...and a curse.

Blessings: More time to finish projects, clean house, play games together, READ (yeah!), peace & quiet, less fighting and we choose (via dvd) which things we WILL watch together as a family.

Curses: Trying to keep up with my blog/website, can't print information from the internet or e-mail people in my address book, have to run to the library to use the computer, harder to stay connected.

We weighed the options, and while it's hard, it was "courageous parenting" (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Truth be told, it's been good for me, too. Who hasn't wasted hours in front of a computer and looked around and wondered where the time went?

So while we are trying this out, there will be less posts here than usual because it's hard to update at the library. But I can update my Facebook Fan Page, Creative Juice by Loni, so go ahead and "like" it: http://tinyurl.com/5w4bpgk


I hope you'll be courageous, too...turn off the technology, read a book, stamp a card, get a tan and reconnect with your family this summer!

1 comment:

Mindi said...

kamryn is gonna have the shakes when she gets home next week.

detox= A BIT*H