Thursday, April 3, 2014

Easter Eggs and Memory Albums

Look at me! I actually finished a project BEFORE the holiday! Feeling pretty good right now :) These little Easter Egg "thrones" are such fun to make with a few punches, stamps and the Big Shot!

So I don't have time to make a lengthy tutorial, so let me give you a few tips for making them:
  • Cadbury eggs are too small. I found some larger eggs at Costco (they are hollow)

  • Cut a 8.5"x2.5" strip from one end of your card stock and score it (down the long edges) at 1/2" and 2" (the Simply Scored board--item #122334--makes all your scoring SUPER SIMPLE). Then chop it up into 2"x 2.5" pieces and punch a hole using the 1-1/4" circle punch (#119861) in the middle like this----->>>>
     
  • Cut the rest of the card stock into 2"x8.5" strips. Score them at 3.5" and 5". Punch the ends with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch (133324). 
  • Line up the Designer Frame embossing folder (#123130) with the first score line from one end and run through the Big Shot --->>>>>

  • Punch the middle of the embossed frame out with the Large Oval Punch (#119859)

  • Adhere the "throne" piece between the two sides with SNAIL adhesive, add egg and embellish as desired! I used the flowers and punch from the Petite Petal bundle (#134821-wood or #134822-clear mount). As always, you can purchase these supplies from my Stampin' Up! store!

And in upcoming events, if you have a mother, friend or grad that you need a thoughtful gift for, come to my Mini Memory Album class! You can bring your own pictures or come to create the book and add photos later. The cost is $17 and you MUST bring your own Scissors, SNAIL adhesive and Glue Dots. If you forget your adhesive, I will let you buy new ones from me :) Please register below.






post signature

No comments: