Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh, Canada!

Finally have a few moments to share what I did with my bonus when I reached my Stampin' Up! Milestone in March!

For months, I pondered what to do...get a new dining room set? Put it toward Baby Step #3 that we are working on? New clothes? Food storage? Finally, about July, it came to me! Why not use it to begin working on my Bucket List? And at the top of the list (since I was 11 years old and my mother brought me Anne of Green Gables) was to visit Prince Edward Island! Hello Green Gables:
So, in September, that is what I did! I took my husband and we flew into Boston, MA, rented a car and drove up through Massachusetts, Maine, New Brunswick, across the Confederation Bridge to the Gentle Island and then back through Nova Scotia and back to Boston, where we flew home. It was a dream come true!

While I wish I could journal all of it here, I am going to create a scrapbook of the trip (using My Digital Studio, of course) and transfer the wonderful journal entries Cody kept along the way, too. Meanwhile, I want to share some of the highlights with you and thank you again for helping me reach that goal! My only regret is that I didn't lose 20 pounds and hit the tanning bed before taking any pictures :(

Did you know that the blueberry capital of the U.S. is in Cherryville, Maine?
 On the north shore of P.E.I...warm Atlantic waters!
 In the schoolroom where Lucy Maud Montgomery attended school:
 Some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
 World-famous COWS ice cream, yummy even on a rainy day.
The ship Hector in Nova Scotia...made me grateful for my own Pilgrim ancestors and the sacrifices they made.
Rounding out my "literary tour" was Walden Pond and the Concord, MA home of Louisa May Alcott:
 On the bridge in Concord where the Revolutionary War began:
It was a wonderful vacation (the first one we've been on together alone that wasn't work-related since our honeymoon!) and we made many marvelous memories. The only downside is that my kids say that now we can't sing "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" song because we *have* been to Boston in the fall! I guess it is a sacrifice we had to make :)

1 comment:

Mindi said...

love that you got the chance to do this.

love YOU!