This is the "Cupcake Box" that we taught at the Late Night Stampers Reunion Party last week before convention (We: Sue Stratton and I with special thanks to Sally Hadley who stepped in to help at the last minute!) As promised, here are the instructions! Supplies needed (from Stampin' Up!):
- 4 Scallop Envelopes cut from card stock using the Big Shot
- Coordinating strip of Designer Series Paper, 12" x 2" (Nursery Suite Specialty paper, shown)
- Window sheet or card stock Vellum, 8 1/5" x 11"
- White card stock (+scrap of matching card stock) for tag
- White card stock 3" x 5", scored 1" from each end (for cupcake insert)
- 30" Taffeta ribbon
- Markers, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 2-way Glue, adhesive, Large & Small Tag punches, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Horizontal Slot punch, paper trimmer/scorer
Take your scallop envelopes and glue flaps corner to corner, with one flap on the inside and the other flap on the outside (don't worry, your DSP will cover the flaps on the outside and nobody will see them). Hint: Sticky Strip works best for adhering 3-D projects together!
Finish the box like this, then you can glue down bottom flaps and inside flaps:
To keep the cupcake in place inside the box, take your 3" x 5" white card stock and punch a hole in between the scored lines, fold in insert into the bottom of the box with the 1" sides down:
Now you can cover the outside of the box (under the flaps) by wrapping the DSP strip around and leaving the gap in the front~the gap is covered by the stamped sentiment "A Little Treat for Someone Sweet" from the Got Treats stamp set. Stamp and punch out tag (tag shown from the Birthday Bakery Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set...earn this FREE when you host a workshop!). Add a little Dazzling Diamonds to the tag to give it some bling!
Use the Horizontal Slot punch along the top edge of each side of the box and slip the taffeta ribbon through/under each side scallop and under the bottom of the box. To create the cover, score your window sheet or vellum card stock at 2 3/4" from each long side and 4" from each short edge, then cut out the corners so it looks like this:
Fold along score lines and insert over cupcake into box and tie off the ribbon on the top, add tag!
Share with a friend :)