Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baskets & Bunnies...Easter is on It's Way!

When I was demonstrating a cupcake gift at Helen's workshop last month, she suggested using the Perfect Setting Die and Big Shot to create an Easter Basket and I finally had a few minutes to try it out! The hardest part? Getting Smooch (the bunny) to slow down long enough to act as deliveryman!
I used the Scalloped Ribbon Border punch across the handle and added a few pearls and ribbons to dress it up. To create the bottom, I punched two scalloped circles (1 3/8"). On the first circle, cut into each scallop~just a smidge~and fold the edges up and push inside basket to create a "bottom" (adhere folded scallop edges to inside of basket with sticky strip) and then glue the second scallop circle to the bottom of the basket as a base.
 
I guess Easter is on it's way! The Easter Bunny visits our house on Saturday morning so that we can focus on the REAL meaning of Easter on Sunday:

What are some of your Easter traditions (spiritual or secular)? I'd love to read about your traditions in the comments!

No comments: