Friday, May 20, 2011

Take it and Run With it

Sometimes I find I need a springboard to get my creative Mojo running...and it happened this morning when I checked out the Clean & Simple Sketch 141:
So I took the sketch and ran with it! I immediately thought of a new Hostess Set in the Summer Mini catalog (Love & Care) and combined it with the fabulous new Flower Garden Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (also from the Summer Mini). In an effort to bring a little spring color to our VERY WET and overcast spring here in Utah, I used the brightest colors I could think of: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.
Have you ever tried the "Rock & Roll" technique? I stamped the flower in Daffodil Delight classic ink and rolled the stamp edges around in Melon Mambo ink, like this:
While you are here, let me invite you to join my Stampin' Up! Birthday/Wedding Card Swap! I'd love to see YOUR creativity!

No comments: