and here is another fun DSP project that my 2010/11 Hostesses made at the Hostess Appreciation Party in July:
Optional SU! Supplies: Jewelry Tag punch, stamps, ink.
Other Supplies: Small acrylic photo frame, post-it notes.
This super-easy project begins with DYING the fleurette (handmade, crocheted flower).
- Place approx. 3-4 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Add a few drops of re-inker color and mix into the water.
- Drop your flower/fleurette into the water and submerge for 30-45 seconds. Hint: The longer you leave it in, the darker the resulting color.
- Remove fleurette and place on a stack of paper towels. Blot, allow to dry.
Instructions for the rest of the project:
- Cut a piece of DSP the same size as your frame and slide it into the frame.
- Place a line of sticky strip across the top (really the bottom) of the frame where your ribbon will be "pinched" or folded across. Note: The frame will be laid down horizontally instead of standing vertically like a frame.
- Add an antique brad to your dried fleurette and attach with a Stampin' Dimensional.
- Finish it off by adding a pad of post it notes.