Thursday, August 30, 2012

Party This Way!

I had such fun coloring the glimmer paper for my Holiday Swap Card that I wanted to share it with my Stamp Clubs! This was the card that they created this month using the Blue Ribbon Stamp Set (page 33 in the Stampin' Up! Catalog):
I used the Pacific Point ink refill and a watercolor pen to color the glimmer paper and while it goes on dark, the colors fade a little after soaking into the paper and drying. You can also use your heat gun on a low setting to help it dry faster, but beware: It may melt the plastic coating on the back of the glimmer paper if you get it too hot! The card shows the regular silver glimmer paper (scalloped around the "Happy Birthday") and the colored glimmer paper (blue ribbons hanging below).

Here are a few samples up close of three colors I've tried. Top: Pacific Point, Middle: Melon Mambo, Bottom: Elegant Eggplant. They are sitting on top of the regular silver glimmer paper.
Back to my Happy Birthday card...it matches perfectly the PARTY banner and birthday "cake" (using a battery-operated tea light) designed by my friend Pam Clyde (one VERY talented stamper) for the Late Night Stamper Reunion party this last July at convention:
Ready to party this way? I'll be happy to plan a class for you and your friends in September!

No comments: