Thursday, December 6, 2012

TP Tube Wrap: Another Up-cycled Project and Challenge

Nothing is more annoying than going to the restroom to find an EMPTY roll of Toilet Paper in the holder.

"WHO do they think is going to replace this??" I grumble. "The TP Fairy? SHE DOESN'T EXIST!!"

Well when you see today's wrapping project, you may imagine I've changed my attitude and now I'm like: "Hooray! Another craft project waiting for me!". Okay, you could IMAGINE that, but it still annoys me that nobody else will change the paper. And when I got to work the other day, there was NO TP on the double rolls in either the men OR the women's restroom and it bugged me. Big time. That's just crap. Literally.

But let's look on the bright side here: You can get back at them by using the empty rolls to create really cute gift containers!

In case you can't figure this out, here are some simple instructions:

Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper 4.5" x 6.5" (I've used some from the Be of Good Cheer pack, 126896). Cover one side with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and roll it around your TP tube.
 Once the roll is covered, just push in one end like this:
Then the other side on the same end.
Now would be the time to put your gift into the open end of your tube. Chocolate and caramel fit nicely inside this little container. As does money. And diamonds. I guess I'm preaching to the choir since there aren't many men who read my blog, I suspect. So make it to this point and demonstrate to the man in your life how to fill it and make some not-so-subtle suggestions.

Now all you need to do is decorate it and tie a ribbon around it to keep it closed:
You know, these are small and light enough you could decorate your tree with them!

So now it's your turn. Share your TP Tube creations (SU! products always preferred) in the link tool below by December 13th at noon (MST) and I'll choose a winner who will get this gift mailed to them filled with something fun!

1 comment:

procrastistamper said...

I've been saving up a bunch of paper towel rolls so I could make some of these this year :-) I figured I could cut them in half or thirds. Thanks for sharing!