Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Surprise Party

Last week was my mother's 70th Birthday. She is a humble, sweet, endearingly good and righteous elect lady in all ways imaginable. She would blush at that compliment and protest that she has many faults, but as her children, we don't see any. We all feel greatly blessed to have had her as our mother!

My sisters decided that she needed a party...and it needed to be a surprise. And boy, was it ever! Dad played his part perfectly and convinced her they were going to a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration for some friends. She felt a little mortified that there weren't any other people in the hallway coming to wish the happy couple best wishes and was very afraid that when they opened the door, there would just be a handful of people sitting around a table:
We knew she wouldn't want a big group, so it was just our family there to give her all the love she so deserves. My sisters really went over the top with tons of pictures of mom blown up all over the walls ("It's perfect: She'll hate it!" Megan gleefully proclaimed) and my contribution (since I'm 3 hours away and my family made it just in time for the party) was a Happy Birthday Banner.

While you can see it in the picture with my silly sisters, here's the banner I made up close: 
 
I was so tickled to have this picture with all my siblings and parents: I love my family!!

And the whole family (minus 4)):

Funny story: Megan baked Grandma's delectable German Chocolate birthday cake and the DIVINE Almond Joy cupcakes. My son Braden is a pretty picky eater, but one bite of that cupcake and he ran to his dad and said, "DAD! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS!!! This cupcake was made by JESUS!" Certainly Jesus would have appreciated Megan's baking skills and agreed that she is a heavenly baker :) I'm not sure we lighted ALL 70 candles on the birthday cake, since they started lighting them from the outside circle. But it tasted delicious even with a layer of wax!

We played LANA JEOPARDY, broke open a pinata and a great time was had by all. Love you Mom!!

Credits:
World's Best Mother: Lana Larkin
Oustanding Actor: Derrill Larkin
Party Planner Extraordinaire: Mindi Clove
Baker from Heaven: Megan Marchant
Pinata Provider: Ryan Larkin
Graced by His Presence: Mike Larkin
Man of the Hour: Russ Clove
Greatest Husbands in a Supporting Role: Neal Marchant, Cody Spendlove
Grandest Kids: Braden,  Kamryn, Kaitlyn, Chandler, Abbey, Mia, Gregory, Emery, Nathan, Madeleine, Cole, Libby
Missing-in-Action: Alison, Kiersta, Kayson, Whitney



post signature

1 comment:

Megal said...

I love that you blogged this! Now I just need you to make me a copy formy scrapbook. That sign rocked and the party was so fun. Our mom is the greatest and it was so fun to have us there to celebrate her. Send me these pictures, please